Friday 7 October 2016

Music Video Analysis

The 1975- Somebody Else





This video is by the indie pop band The 1975. This video is unusual in the way if features a 3 min silent short film at the start of it which corrosponds with the lyrics of their other single 'UGH'. This is very rare for an artist to do. I really like that they did this as it links their videos together, and builds them as an artist and brand.

The rest of the video features a large use of lighting and different shots. The first few scenes are establishing shots and the bands name, something that I want to do in my video.



I really like the lighting used in this video as it it quite dark but had bright highlights which contrast really well. These lights are placed to bring attention to the artist.
 
 

There are many different shots used in this video including close up, mid shot and long shot. This shows the artist in different ways, for example close ups show emotions and expressions on the artist, whilst long shots show the artists movements and the outfits they wear, which represents them as an artists more.




I really like this video as the lighting used is dark but also bright through the use of neon lights and street lamps, something I will use in my music video. I also like how there is not a clear narrative until the end, which keeps the audience watching to find out what will happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment